Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Please leave your comments but because it is MY blog, please don't use foul language, don't be critical, just enjoy! Cheers!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

20091206.MagicalMonday.ProjectEntry.Picture Storage Box


This project was created using a digital image created by Nina May "Snowy Flight" ©. This images appears on the top of the box in my project.

Other images and tools used in the project were Sizzix Round-A-Bout Alphabet set, Sizzix Sidekick & pads, Memory Book Glue Pen, Quickie Glue pen, Xyron 150, Therm O Web Foam Squares, Scrapbook Adhesives, Professional Rotary Trimmer RT-200 by Carl Products, Fiskars Portable Trimmer, Crop-A-Dile Big Bite, EK Success Edger Punch, Rubber stamps for trees and sun/cloud, Miss Elizabeth's paper (for Snowmen cutouts on ends of box and snowmen paper on sides of box), DCWV Multi Stack Black to White (white),Bazzill Basics Wildberry Pie, Stampabilities Pigment Ink, Glitter, Krylon Workable Fixatif, Stampendous Fun Flock, KOI waterbrush, Reeves watercolors, Sofft shoebox, 1 1/2" wooden dowels (glued into corners to raise lid height when on the box) and Elmer's Wood Glue.

The idea for, and design of the project was created using my imagination and crafting skills.

Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you enjoy my project.

This is the empty box that inspired me to create the photo storage box ...


This is one end of the completed box ...


This is the other end ...


This is the side of the box ...


This is the other side ...



Top of box ...


Bottom of box (covered in black cardstock with felt strips inlaid around the outside edges) ...

6 comments:

  1. WOWZER!! A lot of hard work into this nice chirsmas box! This is soo lovely and such a wonderful idea and I bet a lot of fun to create as well!! Love everything about this!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at TMITA... and I think you did a wonderful project with your first digi!! I feel so honored that it was mine!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is one gorgeous box! Well done! Thanks for joining us this week! Hugs Nilla - Team TMITA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat,
    What a darling box!!! Those snowmen are too cute! Thanks so much for stopping by my blogs. I'm so glad you found a background that you could use here, it looks quite nice in your new home I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EGADS! That's one awesome box!! It's easy to tell that a lot of thought, creativity and time went into making it and it came out beautifully! Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA and hope to see you at the blog hop next week (and for the regular challenge on Monday!)

    Aloha, Kim
    TMITA Design Team member
    Check out the free weekly digi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback on my project from everyone. It was a lot of fun and took some time to do but in my head it made sense to create a storage solution for the photos I plan to get scrapped. Next step is to make card dividers that fit the width of the box and label them, making it easy to store my photos by trip, event, etc. The next shoe box is waiting for the perfect digital stamp. Am planning to make 4 in total, one for each season! That should add some colorful storage to my craft room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see you have a blog! Enjoy it! I'll try to check in every once in a while....

    ReplyDelete