Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Please leave your comments but because it is MY blog, please don't use foul language, don't be critical, just enjoy! Cheers!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

20091221.There'sMagicInTheAir.MerryMoose-mas

The weekly challenge from There's Magic In The Air...
Use the Merry Moose-mas image by Nina J. May and fit it into the layout sketched by Danielle Lord.  Stretch it, rotate it, reverse it, etc. as long as the original sketch can be seen.

The following is my creation to meet the challenge.  Please take a look.  Comments and feedback are welcome.  Thank you!
 

I used a die cut (at Archiver's) to create a window cut card 4 5/8" wide x 6 1/4" long (measurement is for the front only).  I detached the cover of the card to use in this design.  Next, I cut down a large pre-scored card to 5 3/4" wide x 6 1/4" long.  The card looks wider in the picture than it is long, that is an optical illusion!

The layout was designed using a sketch by Danielle Lord.

The solid blue paper is Bazzill Basics Wildberry Pie - I love the color of this paper! The blue snowflake paper is from Miss Elizabeth's Paper Scraps.  The stars were cut from Bazzill Basics paper using a Sizzix Original Stars die cut (38-0154). A rubber stamp by All Night Media - Confetti Clusters was used to stamp the window border, a VersaMark watermark pad and AlaMode Sparkle embossing powder were used to provide a touch of shimmer.  The card closes with Basic Grey Magnetic Discs.  Glue Dots were used in addition to the adhesive that comes on the magnetic discs.  

The moose were all painted using Reeves watercolors, including the small ones that I printed onto the 3 stars, and a small Koi Waterbrush.  The 'Happy New Year' is printed on vellum using Castellar 14pt font and MS PowerPoint WordArt.  The velum is edged with Stampabilities Pigment Ink Pad in Royal Blue and adhered to the card using Scrapbook Adhesives EZ Runner Vellum.








This is the inside of the card.  Here is the full view of Nina J. May's Merry Moose-mas© digital image.  The layout was designed based on a sketch by Danielle Lord.

The verse I came up with seemed quite appropriate for Danielle's sketch and the underlying star theme.  




  



Close up view of inside.
 

 

















This is the 2nd card I made using the Merry Moose-mas © digital image.


I used a cotton ball and glue to create the look of snow on the ground and in the tree.  I used glitter on the tree first, so that helped with getting the cotton to stick.  

Notice that Moose-mas has lost one of her earrings.  That little detail was what inspired me to make a Thinking of You card, and inspired my sister to suggest that the missing earring should be hung from the tree in plain sight ... if only Moose-mas could just turn her head toward that tree, her day sure would be brighter.  Also, I do know that female moose don't have antlers but this one is a she - Just look at those pink hoofs, how could she be anything but! 








 
PLEASE read the inside.  

I created this verse so this is how my brain works at 2:30 in the morning! LOL!  I laugh every time I read that verse.  AND, one of my New Year's resolutions is to create all my own verses for my handmade cards in 2010.  Keep visiting my blog!  It's hard to tell what sort of silliness you might find that has come out of this crazy head.



I don't know who will get this card yet, but quite a few of my girlfriends qualify!

5 comments:

  1. Pat, what a great window card and I love the inside and the fact that you are doing your own verses. love that this has some humor weaved into the overall card! and yes what lovely hooves! love the little moose heads on the stars as well!! fun card! Thanks for joining us this busy week over at TMITA! hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous cards! Great ideas and love all about them! Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is just fantastic! Gorgeous window card. Thanks for joining us at TMITA this week. Good luck. Hugs, Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...the card is absolut fantastic....;)

    ILONA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ya'all! I really appreciate the nice feedback.

    ReplyDelete