Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. Please leave your comments but because it is MY blog, please don't use foul language, don't be critical, just enjoy! Cheers!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cardabilities Sketch #14 Challenge

The layout for this card is based on design #14 at Cardabilities.


Overall, this card was a challenge for me to create. I started with 3 pictures and used Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 to do all the photo editing for this unique card. Instructions and supply list are below.


                     


These are the digital pictures I started with ...


Trees dressed in their fall colors with the sun rising and throwing beams of light onto their branches. This is my view looking out the window of my craft room. NICE!  Watercolor effects were applied to the trees using PaintShop Pro X3. The picture was printed on cardstock, cut in half and trimmed to fit the card.     

This is at a pumpkin patch at one of the local churches. This is my little sweetheart, Abigayle. Very excited at the prospect of having her picture taken yet again! The image background was cleaned up using PaintShop Pro X3.







This next step was really challenging for me, as a new user of PSP...
I added the cornucopia as another layer, then erased portions of the Abigayle in the pumpkin patch picture where her hands are to make it appear as though her hands are on the cornucopia.
Once I finally got through all of this photo editing ... WHEW!
This is how the card was completed ... The image was printed onto white cardstock. The oval was cut out of black cardstock using George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge. Next, I traced the oval onto the back of the picture and cut the picture smaller than the oval.  Foam squares were used to give the center oval dimension. A little glue and dark copper art glitter were added along the edge of the oval, plus 3 black self-adhesive gems. I attached a silk Fall leaf and a silk flower head (removing all the plastic parts from the back of both) and attached all with a hot glue gun.  The words 'Thankful' are letter stickers. I lightly sprayed the card with Fixatif to keep the glitter in place and used a Fiskars corner edger to round the corners. 


Supply list
Pre-scored card 5"x6.5"
thePaperCompany Pale Yellow cardstock
thePaperCompany Black cardstock
Elmer's Memory Book glue pen
Dark copper art glitter
Scotch tape runner
Hot glue gun and glue stick
Pictures
Corel PaintShop Pro X3 software
Cricut and George & Basic Shapes cartridge
Black alpha stickers
Silk fall leaf and flower head
3 black adhesive gems
Scissors
Pencil
Fiskars corner edger


Please leave your comments and THANK YOU for visiting my blog!

8 comments:

  1. oh my - your editing is superb! This is one great card, thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout of the card and really great digital work! Very Fallish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card! and your little one is so cute! Thanks for your kind e-mail-I'
    m trying to figure out what's wrong with my blog....

    Today you can download the candy candy paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful!! thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you combined the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its amazing, thanks for playing with Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave this to Abi's parents. They love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed seeing your creations and really love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete